Sunday, April 3, 2011

First post. So much pressure.

Hi friends. :)

I have decided to join the blogging crowd for.. reasons unknown.  I guess perhaps I just have a lot of thoughts and would like to share them with others.  I will probably go the God route on this thing, but keep it real as possible.  I'm still learning a lot.  And by a lot I mean.. a whole lot.  Any encouragement will be greatly appreciated.

I feel like I should be introducing myself or something.  My name is Kaytee.  I am 20.  I am a student.  I live in Ames.  I'm trying to figure out all of life.  It's hard.  You probably already know all these things about me.  I am currently putting off illustration homework of drawing men and children.. and instead am making this and eating chedder rice cakes and drinking diet white tea with raspberry.  Did you know you spell raspberry with a P?  This is probably one of the most delicious combinations of flavors I have ever experienced. Good life over here.

The title of this blog was inspired by kittens.  Actually it was inspired by Psalm 23:

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

After hearing Paul Sabino speak about this for a long time.. the most prevalent emotion I felt was peace.  If you want to hear him for yourself, go here: http://www.saltcompany.com/index.php/recources/messages/
and click the "Retreat Saturday Night" one.  Anyway, I've been having a really hard semester emotionally and mentally, and this psalm came into my life at the perfect time.  It was kind of like.. yeah, I am going to have to go through hard times throughout my entire life, but a lot of times they are for a purpose, and are good things, and if God is there leading me through them.. I think I can do it.  My emotions are still overwhelming me on a day-to-day basis right now, but hearing truths like this gives me solid ground to stand on.

Other things going on in my life right now.. I am searching for a summer job, and just generally still trying to figure out what I'm going to do this summer.  Late I know.  I will probably end up floating between Ames and Ankeny and working in one of those places.  If anyone knows of anywhere that is hiring, it would be wonderful of you to let me know.  I am still trying to pretend I know how to skate, and it's beautiful outside so hopefully I will get on that soon.  The only problem is my skateboard is long lost, which is sad because it was nice and expensive.  Anyone have an old one they would like to donate to me? :)  Also my vans have developed a huge hole in them.  So I have no shoes to skate.

That's all for now I guess!

1 comment: