Monday, July 25, 2011

Furious Love

And I watch that over, and over and over in people’s lives where they go “I don’t like God anymore.” Something terrible happens in their life, maybe their spouse dies or they lose a child or, all the crazy stories we hear, and they go “that’s God’s fault, I blame God for that,” and they walk away. But God goes, “I still love you, I still care about you, and I will set up circumstances so that you will have to try very hard, to not love Me back, because I, in this marriage, I’m the bridegroom, and you’re the bride. And in this marriage, I’m the one pursuing you, I’m the male in this relationship, I’m the pursuer, and I love you way more than you love me, and you can try to reject me and play hard to get, but you have no idea how hard it’s gonna be, to not love me.”
-Kris Vallotton, Associate Pastor, Bethel Church, Redding, CA

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy your blog. I read your posts, even when I don't comment. I just thought you should know that. I love you, and I have loved getting to see even the tiniest glimpses of what God has been doing in your life this past year. It is really incredibly encouraging =]
    <3 C

    ReplyDelete