Sunday, November 20, 2011

Seed-planting is scary.

Sometimes I see girls and what they do and what they think and how they act, and I just want to shake them and yell at them something like "do you not realize how much you are disrespecting yourself and how unhappy you are and how much better things could be?!"

But of course I don't say or do anything because 1. It could be kind of hypocritical since that for sure used to be me and sometimes I still struggle (but actually this gives me more a heart for them because I KNOW they aren't happy since I know I wasn't), 2. I can't expect people to change their life if they don't even know Jesus at all, and 3. I can't force them to try and get to know Him.

I  also need to be motivated by love instead of frustration or pride or wanting them to "just get it" or whatever else happens inside me. That is something I'm working on.  Don't get into a God discussion unless my heart is in the right place and I am motivated by love.

I am overwhelmed right now, because I want to help people, but I don't know how to do it the right way.  And I don't want to seem like I think I'm better than them.

1 comment: